Sorry for being so MIA, school was priority and now that I’m on holidays, I can continue back up again. I have lots of nail designs ready to upload and now I’ve started back up with my old POLYVORE account and I’m going to add some more fashion type posts on here as well! So get ready to see some Polyvore sets coming up on here! 🙂 Also, if you have any specific “event” outfits that you would like me to put together, be sure to comment below and let me know! 🙂
Hey guys, I apologize GREATLY for lagging with the posts, BUT I have not forgotten about this blog! I have taken TONS AND TONS of photos of nail designs that I have done in the past couple months and I WILL be uploading them ASAP! I have all my programming photo editing things all sorted out! So be expecting more(I mean it!). Thank you for those of you who have stayed with me! I appreciate it sooo much! 🙂
Hope you enjoy the new designs!
Hey guys, I just started back at university last week and I can’t even get over how crazily busy it has been! I am hoping to upload some sort of a post(review or nail art thing) some time this weekend(hopefully)! Hope you are all doing well and for those of you that have started back at school/university, hope you guys are having a wonderful time! 🙂
So I have quite a few things to upload and stuff for you guys..and unfortunately I haven’t been able to do so because of having to do some updates and stuff on my computer. The program(it was actually a website) that I used to use doesn’t work anymore, it just crashes by itself, not letting me save my pictures and stuff. So if you guys have any tips on what programs/websites are good to use for quick photo editing + watermarking/adding text (preferably free), please share them! I have a Mac, iPhoto works great for quick edits, but I want to be able to make collage type (anywhere from 2-8 squares) pictures to post…I have CollageIt Free but I don’t really like it since you can’t adjust(move it up or down in the square) the photo once it’s in the collage.
Thanks in advance!
Back to school season, I know the majority of people from the US have already gone back to school, but in Canada, school starts in the first week of September, for most schools anyway. I know that one thing young girls struggle with is confidence in middle/high school. That’s why some people consider high school as some horrid stage in their lives. Some people find that body image is what they most “struggle” with. They think they’re too “fat”, too “skinny”, not “pretty enough”, etc. It doesn’t help that there are people out there that actually say something about it to them, like telling them that they’re “ugly” or “fat”. In my opinion, commenting on someone’s looks in a negative way is just LOW. Do people not realize how rude that is? Sometimes people don’t really help us with appreciating ourselves as we are. I have been thinking about this for a while, thinking about when in my middle/high school years have I been told something “negative” about my looks. I always thought I had it pretty good and always appreciated that no one really completely “bullied” me based on my looks, but I was kind of wrong, but at the same time, I am proud of myself for not letting anything get to me personally when things were said to me. All throughout my school years, I was a pretty skinny girl just because of an insanely fast metabolism. I ate much more than all my friends, yet I just COULDN’T gain weight, and if I did gain weight, it just didn’t show ANYWHERE. I remember in grades 5-7, I was even called “anorexic” by my classmates and some girls that were a year older than me, that hurt, but I didn’t really care because I knew that I didn’t have any type of eating disorder. Also, I got made fun of because I wasn’t “developed” enough…in my opinion, for an 11/12 year old, I was fine. Thinking back on this, I am quite proud of myself for being strong and not letting it affect me in any way, especially considering how many young girls ARE affected by such things. By the time I was 13, I was “developed”, and I remember thinking “HA!”, but by then I was at a new school and didn’t really see my old schoolmates. I was still skinny though, skinny as a stick and I remember trying to do everything I could to just gain a little bit of weight, but it was a hopeless cause. When I was in grade 9(14 years-old) we had Physical Education with the grade 10 girls, I always hated having that class with older girls. My best guy friend’s sister was in that grade 10 class, and well, she absolutely hated me. She hung out with three other girls, one of which was extremely nice and I could stand, the other two were just as annoying as my friend’s sister. I don’t know WHAT the three had against me. They weren’t even considered as the “popular” group of girls in their class, the group that was considered “popular” were incredibly nice and totally cool. Anyway, they would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make fun of how I was so skinny, and tell me I was a “stick” and while playing sports if we made contact they would say “oh your bones are hurting me!” – REALLY?! was that a necessary comment to make? I don’t think so. Once again, I never really let it bother me. Needless to say my friend’s sister and her friend were quite skinny themselves! So that was just quite annoying. Once I was in grades 10-12, I had accepted the fact that no matter how much weight I’d gain, it wouldn’t make a difference, and no one really said anything about my weight, it was all good. Then in first year university, I gained weight, and you could see it, now I’m at the perfect weight(still on the thin side though, but in my eyes it’s fine), and extremely happy with it. I’m happy with how I look, and have completely accepted my body+looks, sure there are days when I just think I look terrible, but as a girl, you’re going to have many days like that! 🙂
So I hope you guys realize that you shouldn’t let ANYONE bring you down about anything. Mind your own business, if people are going to say things, let them, just don’t let it bother you. When they realize that you’re not being affected by their words, they’ll stop. Everyone in beautiful, and as girls get older, they get even more beautiful. Middle school/most of high school is the time for your “awkward” years, so don’t even worry about it.
I’m new at this blogging thing and it means so much to me for getting “nominated” for this! Thank you so much Adventuresinpolishland ! 🙂 Be sure to check out HER blog!
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
6. There’s no tag backs.
- To be honest, it’s kind of “funny” but I initially had no intention of making a blog about nails/beauty. I go by the name of Liz and I wanted to make a blog expressing the “preppy” side of me, but EXAGGERATING the preppy-ness and pep and ramble about my daily ventures. I know this may sound corny, but I wanted to kind of make it like I was taking the perspective of some rich, spoiled teenage celebutante type of girl. So that’s how I came up with my old blog mylifeisfabuliz ….and then one day around the time I had started the blog, my friend asked me what I did with my skin, because it was so clear…I blogged about my daily face routine and then that’s when I decided to make it into a beauty blog. Then I just recently made a new blog(this one)…and used the fabuliz(fabulous) part and just stuck it next to ‘beauty’ because it’s a beauty blog. Long explanation, but rather simple. 🙂
2. Are you a morning or a night person?
- It really depends. I can be a morning person when I’m not expected to wake up “early”…other times I’m a night person.
3. What is your guilty pleasure television show?
- I’m only 19 years-old..I don’t mind watching teen Disney shows..ehem. :$
4. Which food could you eat every day?
- Probably pizza..all kinds of pizza.
5. What is the one beauty product you can’t live without?
6. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?
- Oh this one’s tough…I would say it’s a tie between my two grade 3 teachers and my grade 4 teacher…but I think grade 3 wins by a bit.
7. If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you go?
- Hawaii or Australia…maybe the latter, then I could hear people talking with accents!
8. What are your top five favorite songs?
I’m going to name my “current” ones.
- Good Time – Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City
- Payphone – Maroon 5 ft Wiz Khalifa
- Some Nights – Fun.
- Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
- A Drop In The Ocean – Ron Pope
9. Do you have any pets?
- I dooo! I have a dog! 🙂
10. What is your favorite season, and why?
- Fall + Winter .. I know that two seasons. Mainly because I love fall fashion and the cooler weather and weather for wearing boots begins! Winter – it snows, and the hustle and bustle of Christmastime, the sense of family/belonging that goes around, the whole atmosphere of cozyness, and it’s just great. 🙂
11. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- I would definitely donate some of it to a charity/a home for people that are ill/fund for children that can’t afford education. I would also give portions of it to my family as well, and then use some to pay for my education, spend some on leisure things, and then save whatever else is left! 🙂
MY Questions For YOU !
- Would you ever start a beauty channel on YouTube?
- How old are you now and how old were you when you started your blog?
- Do your friends know about your blog?
- What kind of posts are your favourite to blog about?
- Would you pursue a career in the beauty industry or do you just consider it as a side thing/hobby?
- What is your favourite childhood TV show?
- How would you describe your hometown?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- PC or Mac?
- Favourite movie of the moment?
- Must have item of the summer?
I Nominate…(some I don’t know how many followers they have)
Such a successful mall trip today! I am extremely IMPRESSED with myself, and my purchases. Don’t you love those shopping trips that just end up so great; things are on sale, things you LIKE are on sale, everything is just amazing – complete bliss. I went to Bath & Body Works, Shopper’s, The Bay, Aldo, Gap, and American Eagle, to name a few, and was completely impressed with everything they all had to offer. I may include a picture later of a few, not all, of my purchases, maybe, no promises. I absolutely LOVE Bath & Body Works..some of their scents are just divine, and I’m a sucker for those. I had some self-control and ended up buying just one fragrance, the Sweet On Paris fragrance mist. It’s a heavenly scent. I am OBSESSED. I also bought some mini candles as well, 3 for $6 what have you got to lose? My favourite of the ones I got was the Pineapple Mango scent – love it! The Bay was having a MAJOR MAJOR shoe sale on incredibly cute shoes, so I had to buy some. 4 pairs of shoes, sounds good. 🙂 I finally got a pair of navy blue Keds…. I’ve been wanting them for AGES, and I finally got them, success. American Eagle, I usually just go there for their jeans because I love how they fit, but I lucked out and ended up buying more than I had initially thought I’d buy. I purchased a few makeup related products from Shopper’s and bought a nail polish that I had been eyeing for a couple months…I will be doing a post solely on that with a swatch, because I am in love with it, and I think you guys will fall in love with it too! So, yay for successful shopping trips! 😀